Wednesday 28 September 2011

A childrens story. The Candlesnuffer fairy.

This candle snuffer is owned by a fairy that lives in a very large house. It’s his job to go around each night and extinguish all of the candles in the house after the humans have gone to bed. It was an important job as candles are expensive to buy.

 The fairy was in love with a lovely fairy who worked in the kitchens tidying up every night when the humans have finished in there. But he was too frightened to talk to her, he was afraid she wouldn’t love him back and so he went on doing his job snuffing out the candles and loved her from afar.   

 One night on the twenty fourth of December he was working at his job putting out the candles on the Christmas tree when the door was gently opened and the object of his desire came in asking him.

 ‘Oh please sir don’t put out the candles yet I’ve come up from the kitchen just to see them’ he went back relighting the candles he had put out before asking her.

 ‘Do you like Christmas?’

 ‘Oh yes I’m very much looking forward to it are you?’

 ‘Yes indeed the family really look after me at Christmas, they each leave out a shiny sixpence on the mantelpiece for me to find‘.

 ‘Oh and me I always get given a silver thimble’ this short conversation boosted his confidence and he asked.

 ‘Would you like to come round with me and help me to put out the candles all around the house?’

 ‘I would love to’ she replied and so they went all around the house talking and laughing like old friends. All too soon however the candles had all been snuffed out so he walked her back to the kitchen cupboard where she slept. They talked for ages until the early hours when he decided he needed to go back to his home in the airing cupboard where he slept and he said.

 ‘Well I’ve had a wonderful time but I really must be off to bed now’

 ‘Yes we must, we have to get up early tomorrow to get our Christmas presents‘. He hated to leave so he asked her.

 ‘Would you like to spend tomorrow with me? get our Christmas presents together’.

 ‘I would very much’ and so they spent that Christmas day together and were married the next spring by a rooster who lived on home farm. They had lots of children. The house became happier than it had been in years and so everyone was content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment